A number of Fellowship Place neighbors and supporters have asked how they can be helpful to our agency while we continue to provide critical services to the mentally ill in our community during this unprecedented crisis. Thanks to our dedicated staff, we are open for limited hours on campus to meet our clients’ basic needs and by telephone every day for reassurance and telephone counseling.
To keep up with the demand we are experiencing, Fellowship Place has an immediate need for the following items:
- Non-perishable food items for emergency care packages:
- Ready-to-eat canned food including meats, fruits, and vegetables
- Can opener
- Peanut butter & Jelly
- Hand sanitizer, which due to the demand is on back order.
- Face masks. The agency has only 10 in stock and has been unable to secure any more.
- Thermometers so that staff in the Fellowship Homeless Daytime Drop-in Center may take client temperatures as part of screening procedure, before clients are allowed to enter our facility.
Fellowship Place is committed to helping all agency clients navigate these challenging times. Any help the community can give us at this time in securing the above items is greatly appreciated. For more information contact:
Melissa Holroyd, Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Guerrera, Executive Director, email@example.com
Stay positive and stay healthy.