Fellowship Place hosted a panel discussion on Tuesday March 29, to discuss the barriers of finding employment when you have a criminal record, and strategies for overcoming those barriers. About 125 people attended and contributed to the discussion, which included employment rights, resources available to ex-offenders, as well as how to discuss a criminal record with an employer. The panel was moderated by Clifton Graves, Project Fresh Start, City of New Haven. Panel members included:
- Timothy Lyles, Employer, Regional Sales Manager, Avagrow International
- Trevor Johnson, Certificate of Employability Coordinator and Adult Probation Regional Manager
- Dwight Dickerson, Owner, Tri-Cord, LLC
- Two individuals with a criminal record, who are stably employed
- Kirk Lowry, Legal Director, Connecticut Legal Rights Project
From left to right: Kirk Lowry, Novem Alston, Dwight Dickerson, Trevor Johnson, Timothy Lyles, and Clifton Graves.